GENERAL INFORMATION FOR VISITORS
Hours of Operation:
Winter: 08:30 - 15:00
Summer: Daily: 08:00 - 19:30
- Good Friday (Orthodox): until 12:00 closed
- Easter Saturday: 08:30-15:00
- May 1st: closed
- Easter Sunday (Orthodox): closed
- Easter Monday (Orthodox): 08:30-15:00
For the Archaeological areas of Athens (Acropolis, Acropolis Museum, Ancient Agora, Theater of Dionysus, Kerameikos, Temple of Olympian Zeus (Olympieion) and Roman Agora) there is one united ticket for 12 € (reduced: 6 €).
See MEMORANDUM: Ticket Prices.
General Entrance: 12 €
Reduced Ticket: 6 €
(students of non-E.U. countries, citizens of E.U. member countries over the age of 65):
- minors under the age of 18 with the presentation of police issued i.d.
- students of greek or E.U. Universities with the presentation of student i.d.
- students of classical studies or from Schools of Fine Arts of non-E.U. countries with the presentation of student i.d.
- those serving the armed forces with the presentation of military i.d.
- holder of the special i.d. – members of ICOM - ICOMOS
- tour guides with proper i.d.
- journalists with proper i.d.
- holder of free passes
Days of free entrance for all visitors
- Sundays from November 1 – March 31
- the first Sunday of every month, excluding July, August and September (in cases when the first Sunday is a holiday, the second Sunday is assigned, etc.
- official National holidays
- March 6th (in memory of Melina Mercouri)
- April 18th (National Monument Day)
- May 18th (National Museum Day)
- June 5th (World Environment Day)
- The last weekend of September every year (European Days of Cultural Heritage)
Kerameikos Cemetary (Archaeological Area)
Ermou Street 148
10553 Athens (Greece)
Tel. +30 210 - 3463552
HOW TO GET THERE
BY ATHENS METRO: 3 (Blue Line), Station "Kerameikos"
BY BUS: 035, 049, 227, 500, 815, 838, 914, B18, G18
BY FOOT: Follow Ermou Street from Monastiraki Square, cross Agion Asomaton Square, the entrance to Kerameikos Cemetary will be approximately 1 km away.
Churches and Monasteries
Parks and Green Zones
NEAR BY KERAMEIKOS CEMETERY
With roots from the region of Mani in the ingredients and its recipes, it does not hold it “maniatiko” (holds... more
Old patisserie with traditional doughnuts and cream pies for customers of every age.... more
Equally great love in the good music (jazz, soul, pop), the cozy atmosphere and the international cuisine, in a bar... more
A transfer from Korydallos, with prize winning recipes and modern cooking techniques. Try the Santorini Fava and the choice wines.... more
Nice snack bar in Plaka, away from noise and the overcrowding, with tasty dishes.... more
A neoclassical building that functions as events multi-space. Café, bar, club, exhibitions, live music, theater and seminars... more
Open daily from 5 p.m. this house offers delicious meze to its customers. Live rebetika on Sundays from 2 p.m.... more
Cosy multiplace with live and DJ shows as well a gallery exhibitions and festivals.... more
Hoxton is the name and the alternative scene is their game. The rather full yet large garage space plays songs... more
BLACK DUCK MULTIPLARTE
This multi-space located in the heart of Athens has provided the stage for numerous mature Greek acts over the years.... more
This place can definitely be considered a mega-club because of its massive size. Various parties – like drag shows, theme... more
Small bar playing mainly black music. Absolute hip hangout, open from nine in the morning for coffee and cold sandwiches,... more
Small bar with the best indie sounds in the city, clean drinks and fanatic regulars.... more
AIR LOUNGE BAR (Fresh Hotel)
The swimming pool area on the 9th Floor of the Fresh Hotel is where you will find the “Air Lounge”... more