Demonstrations regarding Panhellenic General Strike March 16th, 2023
In Athens, demonstrations related to the strike are scheduled at the Propylaia (Central Athens) at 11:30 a.m., in Klafthmonos Square at 11:00 a.m. and Syntagma Square at 11:00 a.m. In Thessaloniki, demonstrations are planned at the Statue of Eleftherios Venizelos at 11:00 a.m. Additional demonstrations are expected to take place throughout Greece during the day.
The following strikes are scheduled for Thursday, March 16, 2023 (12:00 a.m. to 11:59 p.m.), unless otherwise noted:
- The National Railway will be on a 24-hour strike.
- The Attica/Peloponnese Suburban Railway will be on a 24-hour strike
- Ferry and boat employees will be on a 24-hour nationwide strike.
- Air Traffic Controllers in all airports throughout Greece will be on a 24-hour strike.
- Taxis will be on a 24-hour strike.
- Buses in Athens will operate only from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Trolleys in Athens will operate only from 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.
- Athens Metro (Lines 2 & 3) will operate only from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Athens Green Line Train (Line 1) will operate only from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Trams in Athens will operate only from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.
- Buses in Thessaloniki will be on a 24-hour strike.
Other organizations may decide to join the 24-hour Panhellenic General Strike for March 15, 2023 without prior warning. Please monitor www.apergia.gr and local media for last minute strike notifications.
Actions to Take:
- Review your travel plans.
- Contact your airline or travel company for assistance.
- Avoid the areas of the demonstrations.
- Exercise caution if unexpectedly in the vicinity of large gatherings or protests.
- Monitor local media for updates.
- Keep a low profile.