GENERAL INFORMATION FOR VISITORS
Hours of Operation:
Winter: 08:30 - 15:00
Summer: Daily: 08:00 - 19:30
- March 25th: closed
For the Archaeological areas of Athens (Acropolis, Acropolis Museum, Ancient Agora, Theater of Dionysus, Kerameikos, Temple of Olympian Zeus (Olympieion) and Roman Agora) there is one united ticket for 12 € (reduced: 6 €).
See MEMORANDUM: Ticket Prices.
General Entrance: 2 €
(students of non-E.U. countries, citizens of E.U. member countries over the age of 65):
- minors under the age of 18 with the presentation of police issued i.d.
- students of greek or E.U. Universities with the presentation of student i.d.
- students of classical studies or from Schools of Fine Arts of non-E.U. countries with the presentation of student i.d.
- those serving the armed forces with the presentation of military i.d.
- holder of the special i.d. – members of ICOM - ICOMOS
- tour guides with proper i.d.
- journalists with proper i.d.
- holder of free passes
Days of free entrance for all visitors
- Sundays from November 1 – March 31
- the first Sunday of every month, excluding July, August and September (in cases when the first Sunday is a holiday, the second Sunday is assigned, etc.
- official National holidays
- March 6th (in memory of Melina Mercouri)
- April 18th (National Monument Day)
- May 18th (National Museum Day)
- June 5th (World Environment Day)
- The last weekend of September every year (European Days of Cultural Heritage)
Roman Agora (Archaeological Area)
10555 Athens (Greece)
Tel. +30 210 - 3224625
HOW TO GET THERE
BY ATHENS METRO: 1 (Green Line), 3 (Blue Line), Station "Monastiraki"
BY BUS: 025, 026, 027, 035, 200, 227, 500
BY FOOT: From Monastiraki Square, follow Ermou Street towards Syntagma onto Aiolou Street and you will find the archeological area of the Roman Agora.
Parks and Green Zones
NEAR BY THE ROMAN AGORA
ShoppingSHOPPING CENTER PLAKA
A terrific one-stop shop for all your souvenir needs.... more
This jewelry store is known for offering a great selection of contemporary pieces made from precious metals, as well as... more
The shop sells anything from new and used, fiction and nonfiction books in English, mainly to ex-patriots – who seem... more
Boasting two fine boutiques in Athens and one on the Place Saint-Germain dès Prés in Paris, Zolotas has won the... more
Vintage and Contemporary Design for the 70s nostalgic in a very interesting environment.... more
NOTOS GALLERIES LAMPROPOULOS
The oldest and highly respected Greek-owned department store.... more
ACROPOLIS MUSEUM SHOP
The ground level shop has a broad selection of postcards, paper goods and the museumĘs childrenĘs collection. The second floor... more
With roots from the region of Mani in the ingredients and its recipes, it does not hold it “maniatiko” (holds... more
Has a variety of pies, such as the all-time classic, cheese pie. ... more
Bar-Restaurant on the pedestrian walkway of Aiolou Street with nice music choices.... more
JAMES JOYCE IRISH PUB
Original Irish pub with traditional dishes and an impressive range of whisky and spirits.... more
A neoclassical building that functions as events multi-space. Café, bar, club, exhibitions, live music, theater and seminars... more
Snack bar on the pedestrian walkway of Romvis with fantastic tastes and a very friendly atmosphere.... more
Old patisserie with traditional doughnuts and cream pies for customers of every age.... more