GENERAL INFORMATION FOR VISITORS
Hours of Operation:
Winter: 08:30 - 15:00
Summer: Daily: 08:00 - 19:30
- January 6th: 07:30 - 19:30
- Clean Monday: 07:30 - 19:30
- March 25th: closed
- October 28th: 07:30 - 19:30
General Entrance: 2 €
Combined Ticket: For the Archaeological areas of Athens (Acropolis, Acropolis Museum, Ancient Agora, Theater of Dionysus, Kerameikos, Temple of Olympian Zeus (Olympieion) and Roman Agora) there is one united ticket for 12 €
(reduced: 6 €).
See MEMORANDUM: Ticket Prices.
General Entrance: 2 €
Reduced Ticket: 6 €
(students of non-E.U. countries, citizens of E.U. member countries over the age of 65)
- minors under the age of 18 with the presentation of police issued i.d.
- students of greek or E.U. Universities with the presentation of student i.d.
- students of classical studies or from Schools of Fine Arts of non-E.U. countries with the presentation of student i.d.
- those serving the armed forces with the presentation of military i.d.
- holder of the special i.d. - members of ICOM - ICOMOS
- tour guides with proper i.d.
- journalists with proper i.d.
- holder of free passes
Days of free entrance for all visitors
- Sundays from November 1 - March 31
- the first Sunday of every month, excluding July, August and September (in cases when the first Sunday is a holiday, the second Sunday is assigned, etc.
- official National holidays
- March 6th (in memory of Melina Mercouri)
- April 18th (National Monument Day)
- May 18th (National Museum Day)
- June 5th (World Environment Day)
- The last weekend of September every year (European Days of Cultural Heritage)
Temple of Olympian Zeus (Archaeological Area)
Vasilissis Olgas & Vasilissis Amalias Avenue
10557 Athens (Greece)
Tel. +30 210 - 3224625
HOW TO GET THERE
BY BUS: 057, 103, 108, 111, 155, 200, 208, 209, 227, 237, 856, A3, A4, B3, B4
BY TRAM: 4
BY FOOT: Follow Vasilissis Amalias Avenue from Syntagma Square for about 500 meters, where you will come to the Temple of Olympian Zeus on your left.
Hills of Athens
NEAR BY THE TEMPLE OF OLYMPIAN ZEUS
ShoppingSHOPPING CENTER PLAKA
A terrific one-stop shop for all your souvenir needs.... more
The shop sells anything from new and used, fiction and nonfiction books in English, mainly to ex-patriots – who seem... more
This jewelry store is known for offering a great selection of contemporary pieces made from precious metals, as well as... more
NOTOS GALLERIES LAMPROPOULOS
The oldest and highly respected Greek-owned department store.... more
ROYAL ORIENTAL CARPET
Make a treasure hunt out of it and discover this basement store in the most ancient area of the city... more
Boasting two fine boutiques in Athens and one on the Place Saint-Germain dès Prés in Paris, Zolotas has won the... more
ApostolĘs bronze and glass sculptures have gained popularity for their extraordinary design and craftsmanship. He has had exhibits in many... more
NightlifeAIR LOUNGE BAR (Fresh Hotel)
The swimming pool area on the 9th Floor of the Fresh Hotel is where you will find the “Air Lounge”... more
James Joyce is considered, “a different type of Irish pub.” There, they blend the best of the old with the... more
HALF NOTE JAZZ CLUB
Possibly the most well known jazz club in Athens. The venue hosts many of the genres best international names as... more
Small bar playing mainly black music. Absolute hip hangout, open from nine in the morning for coffee and cold sandwiches,... more
Small bar with the best indie sounds in the city, clean drinks and fanatic regulars.... more
Cosy multiplace with live and DJ shows as well a gallery exhibitions and festivals.... more
BLACK DUCK MULTIPLARTE
This multi-space located in the heart of Athens has provided the stage for numerous mature Greek acts over the years.... more