GENERAL INFORMATION FOR VISITORS
Hours of Operation:
Winter: 08:30 - 15:00
Summer: Daily: 08:00 - 19:30
- Good Friday (Orthodox): until 12:00 closed
- Easter Saturday: 08:30-15:00
- May 1st: closed
- Easter Sunday (Orthodox): closed
- Easter Monday (Orthodox): 08:30-15:00
For the Archaeological areas of Athens (Acropolis, Acropolis Museum, Ancient Agora, Theater of Dionysus, Kerameikos, Temple of Olympian Zeus (Olympieion) and Roman Agora) there is one united ticket for 12 € (reduced: 6 €).
See MEMORANDUM: Ticket Prices.
General Entrance: 12 €
(students of non-E.U. countries, citizens of E.U. member countries over the age of 65): 6 €
- minors under the age of 18 with the presentation of police issued i.d.
- students of greek or E.U. Universities with the presentation of student i.d.
- students of classical studies or from Schools of Fine Arts of non-E.U. countries with the presentation of student i.d.
- those serving the armed forces with the presentation of military i.d.
- holder of the special i.d. – members of ICOM - ICOMOS
- tour guides with proper i.d.
- journalists with proper i.d.
- holder of free passes
Days of free entrance for all visitors
- Sundays from November 1 – March 31
- the first Sunday of every month, excluding July, August and September (in cases when the first Sunday is a holiday, the second Sunday is assigned, etc.
- official National holidays
- March 6th (in memory of Melina Mercouri)
- April 18th (National Monument Day)
- May 18th (National Museum Day)
- June 5th (World Environment Day)
- The last weekend of September every year (European Days of Cultural Heritage)
Ancient Agora (Archaeological Area)
10555 Athens (Greece)
Tel. +30 210 - 3214172
HOW TO GET THERE
BY ATHENS METRO: 1 (Green Line), Station "Thissio"
BY BUS: 025, 026, 027, 038, 227, 500
BY FOOT: Going up from Monastiraki Square, take Adrianou Street for a 5 minute walk to the Ancient Agora. From the Thissio Metro Station, it will only take a couple of minutes on Adrianou Street to reach the Agora.
Churches and Monasteries
Hills of Athens
NEAR BY THE ANCIENT AGORA
Snack bar on the pedestrian walkway of Romvis with fantastic tastes and a very friendly atmosphere.... more
Nice snack bar in Plaka, away from noise and the overcrowding, with tasty dishes.... more
With roots from the region of Mani in the ingredients and its recipes, it does not hold it “maniatiko” (holds... more
Old patisserie with traditional doughnuts and cream pies for customers of every age.... more
Has a variety of pies, such as the all-time classic, cheese pie. ... more
JAMES JOYCE IRISH PUB
Original Irish pub with traditional dishes and an impressive range of whisky and spirits.... more
Bar-Restaurant on the pedestrian walkway of Aiolou Street with nice music choices.... more
Vintage and Contemporary Design for the 70s nostalgic in a very interesting environment.... more
ACROPOLIS MUSEUM SHOP
The ground level shop has a broad selection of postcards, paper goods and the museumĘs childrenĘs collection. The second floor... more
This jewelry store is known for offering a great selection of contemporary pieces made from precious metals, as well as... more
BENAKI MUSEUM SHOP III
A beautiful space filled with unique souvenirs from the Benaki Museum – such as ceramics, silver vessels, reliefs and sculptures,... more
Located in the ancient heart of the city, in Plaka, the Athens Gallery offers guests the chance to experience the... more
SHOPPING CENTER PLAKA
A terrific one-stop shop for all your souvenir needs.... more
The shop sells anything from new and used, fiction and nonfiction books in English, mainly to ex-patriots – who seem... more