Tzistarakis Mosque

Tzistarakis Mosque

The Tzistarakis Mosque (1759), located on the Monastiraki Square, takes its name from the Ottoman ruler Mustafa Tzistarakis. It was known as the Mosque of the Lower Fountain, a well that was nearby, which provided water to the Eridanos.

Since 1975, it houses a remarkable collection of pottery from Greece, Cyprus, and modern Turkey. Inside, one can learn and observe photos taken from several artists, which signify the historical significance of the mosque.